Friday, March 20, 2015

It's been a looooong time ...

(Source: www.troll.me)


I do admit, it's been a while...

A very long time since I have visited our own blog (and other related blogs, for that matter) and provide updates on the progress of "Building Our Home - Liberty Chateau".

And what egged me on to revisit our blog?  Good people who would randomly talk to me while I'm in front of our house and ask me about our home.

And I'm just quite happy to talk to them about our journey.

I just hope that I was able to "kinda inspire" them a bit.

Anyways ... since we moved in (2.5 years ago! Yes, I know, it's been that long time ago), plenty of things have been done, in and out of the house.  We certainly did have plans (or "the list") on what we want to do after we've moved in, when time and budget permits.


Just to give you a brief idea on what's on "the list" (in no particular or priority order) ...
  • Window (and glass) coverings
  • Proper light fittings and LED replacement
  • Extending the timber flooring into the "Harry Potter Room" (under the stairs storage room)
  • Outdoor lights
  • "Hill's hoist"
  • (not to forget - furnitures and household appliances)

Plus some not too major home projects ...

  • Evaporative cooling system
  • Front fence
  • Timber side gates
  • front and back hard landscaping
  • lawn, buffalo grass, front and back
  • new plants, front and side, vegie patch and fruit trees (espaliered) at the rear
  • garden/wall/water features
  • and "what should I do to that space under the front balcony" project 

Maybe, I should change this blog's title to "Improving our home's market value", what say you? :)

Well, this is it for now.  More detailed posts (on some of the above) are on their way.  'Til next time.  Watch this space, but don't hold your breath.

Have fun always!

3 comments:

  1. Hello there,
    please post some pics please, would love to see your house today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adelaide Building Inspectors  are proud to be part of the Institute of Building Inspectors Australia

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Institute of Building Inspectors Brisbane have three office locations across Queensland. We are well placed to service all parts of Brisbane and the coasts either side of the Sunshine and Gold Coast. Please contact us by telephone 1300 657 564 or email info@brisbane-buildinginspections.com.au your building inspection enquiry or find a date and time that suits you by booking online.

    ReplyDelete